Thursday 5 January 2017

OUGD601 - Practical / Flag - Production

Utilising the college facilities I chose to produce the flag in house as opposed to having it externally produced as this would increase my knowledge of working with different industry processes and allow a better critical understanding of different production methods. The print room support team were essential to this guiding me through the process which due to timing and availability was managed to be produced within a single day which was far faster turn around than allotted within my time management. 




The flag was first printed using the digital fabric printers before steaming and washing to bring the colour out and permanently set this into the fabric, this was then trimmed by hand and a hem sewn to finish the flags production. In retrospect I should have included a bleed to the design which would have allowed for a larger hem however being the first time I have undertaken this process wasn't to know finishing details such as this, however can positively implement these if used in the future. I was really pleased with the finish of the flag the colours came out extremely vibrant and the accuracy of the printer was far greater than expected creating a high quality resolution that looks even better at this A0 scale. 


No comments:

Post a Comment