Monday 27 April 2015

OUGD401 - Student Feedback

I showed a range of students my initial development for my practical project to get their feedback before further developing my design. I was slightly apprehensive as I knew there was a lot more development to be done but wanted their initial feedback as to whether they felt this design direction would be successful. I was surprised to see that a lot of students really liked this design direction, they said it was very modernist and abstract for propaganda which actually made it more engaging. 

A number of students commented on how they liked the question at the bottom of the posters, comments included 'its cool that your asking people to choose for themselves' and 'its nice not being told what to think for a change' this was the concept I was going for so was extremely pleased people noticed this. I was surprised at the number of people that didn't notice the series spelt out fox until I told them, they were almost shocked then when they knew about it could see it clearly. I really liked this as it shows it is subliminal and will subtly relate the quotes back to FOX news but will allow people to see the quotes in isolation and decide if they are islamophobic without the legitimacy of FOX news corporation clouding their judgement. I am very happy with the response students had to my design direction I will now further develop the aesthetic to make it strong bold and engaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment