Thursday 23 April 2015

OUGD401 - Design Direction Primary Research

I have re-establisted a direct focus for my concept and wanted a suitable aesthetic to articulate this to the public in an engaging form. As my concept included giving the user the power to make their own decision and not spoon-feeding them a particular narrative (such as propaganda does) I wanted a suitable aesthetic to represent this. As most propaganda is quite violent and instructs I felt my concept steps away from this slightly and wanted my aesthetic to be representative of this. 

I then questioned if we have become desensitised from graphic imagery and bold commanding statements. I felt a though personally over the years the build up of this style of aesthetic has led me to question if this is still effective in articulating a message to an audience. I created a survey to text this, I then published this to Facebook, other students on my course and family to gain a sample with ranging ages, vocations and lifestyles. I wanted to keep it simple so only asked the question; Do you feel you have become desensitised to graphic images and assertive commands in advertising?. I found that 45% of the respondence said they agreed with that they felt desensitised to graphic and assertive advertising. Following the results of this research I will look at a range of less invasive aesthetics that will appeal more directly to the people.




No comments:

Post a Comment