Tuesday 28 April 2015

OUGD401 - Final Design

I think my final designs all work well individually and also consistently as a set.  I have used subliminal features such as consistent typefaces and colour schemes as the fox news corporation to create subliminal links to them without being too invasive and condescending. I think this works well with my concept to allow the audience to think for themselves and not be spoon fed the information. I like the creative influence I took from the MOMA series of posters to create an engaging aesthetic that again subliminal refers back to the fox news networks and the Red Wedge propaganda poster that allowed me to create a bold effective aesthetic that didn't conform to the graphic brutality of the propaganda genre that an audience told me they felt they had been desensitised to. 

I think overall I have created a successful resolution to the brief that creates a direct link to my essay. I feel my outcome solves the problem that I identified in my research that the information of Fox News's alleged islamophobia was unaccessible and too time consuming to become easily educated. I like how my essay will create an initial shock factor seeing a poster in isolation with the controversial quote subliminally referencing the FOX news network that ask the audience to question if this is acceptable.  I think I have created a campaign that will increase public awareness allowing them to draw their own conclusions from the thought provoking statement 'is this news? or propaganda? showing that ultimately these propagandist techniques that I identified in World War 2 propaganda are still being used in contemporary news yet are going relatively un-noticed. I think my resolution will succeed in raising awareness and asking people if this is acceptable to be used in contemporary society. 






No comments:

Post a Comment