Friday 24 April 2015

OUGD401 - Initial Ideas design generation

I was inspired by the innovative design of the MOMA posters and liked how the red wedge poster was effective in communicating its message using share and colour.  I wanted to create an innovative delivery method that would appeal to an audience who have stated they are desensitised by graphic images such as those featured in the world war 2 propaganda  I analysed. I am now challenged to create an aesthetic that is bold and engaging without conforming to this violent aesthetic. 

I started sketching some initial ideas based on the concept of shape. I liked both the red wedge and MOMA pieces used bold geometric shapes to create an intriguing aesthetic. I was influenced by the fox logo and the use of the elongated triangles so tried to incorporate these into my early designs. 



I then started looking at the letters within FOX as shapes, the o was clearly a circle and the x could be used as another simple shape. I then thought back to the MOMA posters and considered how they worked individually and as a set spelling out the word MOMA, I felt it could be appropriate to use a similar technique here spelling FOX. 


I felt this design direction could work extremely well as individually the posters would look like simple geometric shapes filled with bold colour and engaging information but when put together would spell out FOX for fox news. I decided I wanted to put a controversial quote in each poster so individually they would make up three unique posters that the audience would react to and when put together would subliminally spell out FOX showing these are statements from the news corporation. To further relate it back to FOX news I wanted to use a similar colour scheme to their logo using red white and blue to reinforce the connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment