Tuesday 14 April 2015

OUGD401 - Inspiration

Reflecting on the feedback from my critique I understood the reasoning my tutor gave towards my current design direction.  I agree with his comments that a more positive campaign could work better as  I wouldn't be singing to their level of demonising the enemy. Also from my PPP module found that allowing the audience to think for themselves is becoming a design trend that can empower an audience instead of spoon feeding them. I liked this optimistic perspective about presenting the information and ultimately allowing the public to think for themselves. 

I was inspired by a band I enjoy listening to, when scrolling through social media found pictures of the lead singer wearing hand made t-shirts with what I felt were very powerful quotes. I felt that they could be made relevant to my concept. The quotes 'this aint subliminal' I feel could represent how FOX news interprets news in its own way to put forth its own ideology. I feel this quote could work well to empower people to not just take it at face value and assume its true but look more closely and decide for themselves if its factual or subjective. The second quote; 'Know your enemy' I think would work well in posing the question if they know who the enemy is. FOX news portrays muslims as terrorists seemingly making them the enemy but if FOX news were deceiving the public to make them believe this does that in fact make FOX the enemy? I feel this is a thought provoking question that will make an audience think for themselves. The final quote was 'I'm frustrated by your apathy' which I think shows how people have just come to accept what they were because it comes from the presence of legitimate authority. This quote invites people to question what fox news is saying rather than just accepting it because it seems true. 

I thought these quotes worked well in communicating a more optimistic concept allowing the audience to think for themselves. I will formulate these quotes into initial design ideas then getting feedback from students and tutors to see if they think it would make an appropriate resolution to the brief. 




No comments:

Post a Comment