Thursday 7 April 2016

OUGD501 - Intial Design Direction: Iconic logotype

Inspired by my personal inspiration blog HERE I found this bold use of type which I would bold and engaging. I liked the contemporary nature of the typeface with its sharp serifs which made the type unique, if utilised by the brand could become an iconic and easily identifiable feature associated with the brand. I had difficulty finding the actual typeface to experiment with, I messaged the page that posted the original image who linked to the magazine the image was taken from who confirmed the typeface as TORRENT. 






Experimenting with different logo compositions, concluded a lowercase form worked best in accentuating the character of the typeface, this added further contemporary connotations that will work well in building a strong modern brand identity. Taking back to the Segal+Gale logo study analysed as part of my research found that serif word mark logos were most notable associated with 'luxury' 'exclusive' and 'premium' brands, this design treatment would work well in portraying the brand as luxury and exclusive while becoming distinct and iconic with the bold use of typography. 


Experimenting with how this treatment could look on a bottle, I initially trailed a similar wrap design of my first design treatment however the lower x-height didn't work as affectively with the shape of the bottle, which was a shame as I liked the concept of the logo being visible from every angle. Developing this further I used the bold typography on the front of the design with a 'slashed o' native of the Austrian language, this could become an iconic symbol for the brand that can be used alongside the logotype to create an iconic identity. 





No comments:

Post a Comment