Friday 16 December 2016

OUGD601 - Tutorial 4

This tutorial was primarily focused around the development of my practical project, I presented my work thus far which received positive feedback although with my logo it was suggested the E stands out as it is the only real letterform whereas the other characters are made entirely from shapes. This can be developed further trailing a range of different character style to make the 'E' fit better with the rest of the set creating a more cohesive logotype for the brand. 


Consulting my tutor about my problems in identifying a colour palette, he questioned as to whether there needed to be a final colour palette or whether the identity could be fluid. In this he suggested the outline be the final logo which remains consistent however the colour or pattern could be filled with whatever is contextually most appropriate to its individual use. I was suggested to search the 'Whitney' to better understand this concept of how a logo can be fluid and not stick to one permanent form to evaluate whether this could be the case for my brand identity. This is useful as I was stuck with how to develop this further and will hopefully inspire a new thought process for me to develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment