Monday 28 November 2016

OUGD601 - Practical / Peer idea crit

With two sophisticated practical proposals, I used the peer critique slots to present both concepts to a group of students who could help inform me as to which proposal was most appropriate and contextually relevant my research question. The crit gave me a real opportunity for the first time to talk through both proposals in relation to the research essay, having to talk through the project to explain the concept to the rest of the group provided a critical reflectivity that further developed my understanding of the context of my project. 

Talking through these proposals I felt more excited about the freedom of movement concept,  as it's more conceptual in its approach whereas the vodka mimicked the Absolut case study. Feedback I received from the rest of the group suggested my concepts were very wordy at present, this is a result of only recently thinking about the practical, thinking through the projects and refining them to key deliverables and outcomes within writing a formalised brief for the practical will resolve this. Further feedback suggested the 'freedom of movement' concept was more relevant especially due how current the events of Brexit are, even though it needs narrowing down from a large concept to a refined resolution which provides a better opportunity for contextual exploration.This feedback established that the 'freedom of movement' concept should be developed further into my practical response to the COP 3 module due to its relevance to both the research title and current events. 

Peer Critique Feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment