Thursday 19 March 2015

OUGD401 - Turn It In Feedback

As an interim submission for our extended Context of Practise essay I was required to submit a draft of my essay using the turn it in software, this meant that the tutors could easily asses my progress so far and give quicker summative feedback. This gave me a clear target to work to as the module was spread over the course of the year, I could then plan my time appropriately to ensure I had a completed first draft to submit before the interim deadline. 

I completed the first draft of my essay in time achieving the minimum word count, I felt my essay was of a relatively good quality as I had thought about the argument I was presenting and backed it up with a range of sources. I unfortunately did not have to construct my bibliography for the interim submission however I felt I should have prioritised submitting a finished fist draft over submitting 3/4 of an essay that included a bibliography. I was extremely with the feedback  I received from this interim submission, Tutors considered this first draft 'a very good essay' and considered my image analysis 'Excellent'. This is extremely encouraging as acting upon the changed suggested here I feel I have  the opportunity to create an extremely strong analytical piece of writing. 

Following this Turn It In feedback I was given a scheduled tutorial with the module leader to discuss the feedback in more depth. He was very encouraging and stated that the essay is around a 2:1 standard and has the potential to be a first if I correct all the necessary suggestions. He explained these changed in more detail and I agree with the suggestions he ha make for example not using bullet points as this can look amateur and relating certain parts of the essay back to the initial question to further evidence my point. I will make the nessacrry changed and include my full bibliography before the final submission to improve the overall quality of my essay. 



No comments:

Post a Comment